What data do we collect?
Education Otherwise collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name, address, telephone number etc)
• Information relating to your specific enquiry if using our helpline, or email advice service.
Information we automatically collect about you.
Education Otherwise will use this information:
• To administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes.
• To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• For security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to information that identifies you as an individual.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Education Otherwise with the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Join Education Otherwise and complete our application form to do so.
• Voluntarily complete a survey, provide information to us through social media, telephone us, or email us.
• Use, or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Education Otherwise will use your data to:
• Process your membership application and manage your account.
• Provide advice and information to you when you contact our helpline or email us.
How do we store your data?
• Only people who need to access data to fulfil their responsibilities to and within EO will handle data.
• Data is kept secure and sensible precautions taken to ensure that all data is kept secure.
• Data is reviewed regularly and any out of date data deleted and disposed of securely.
• Data kept on paper is stored in a locked filing cabinet, or drawer.
• Data printouts are shredded after use.
• Data stored online is protected from unauthorised access, accidental deletion and hacking attempts by using commercially available security programmes.
• Data stored on removable discs or other media, is stored in a locked filing cabinet or drawer when not in use.
Education Otherwise does not use your data for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
You have the following data protection rights under the Data Protection Act 2018:
• The right to be informed about how your data is being used.
• The right to access your personal data.
• The right to have incorrect data updated.
• The right to have data erased under certain conditions.
• The right to stop or restrict the processing of your data under certain conditions.
• The right to obtain and reuse your data for different services.
You also have rights when we use your personal data for:
• Automated decision-making processes (without human involvement) such as profiling, for example to predict your behaviour or interests.
What are cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies, or similar technology.
Education Otherwise uses the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary to help you to browse our website and use he features.
• Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you go to. We use these cookies to optimise our web site and make it easier for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you come to them through our website. These cookies do not collect information which identifies you, they collect information which is aggregated and anonymised.
• Functionality: These cookies allow our website to remember your previous selected preferences. These could include your location. We may also remember preferences such as text size, fonts and other site elements. These cookies do not collect information which identifies you and they cannot track your browsing history on other websites.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but some features of our website may not function as a result. The following website explains how to manage cookies: https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies
Education Otherwise reviewed this policy on 22nd August 2020.
How to contact us
Post: 61 Bridge Street, Kington. HR5 3DJ.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0300 1245690
How to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office
Should you have any concerns in respect of how Education Otherwise handles and processes your data, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/